You know it has been 13 years since I had a little one around and it kinda does come back to you and it kinda doesn't. I feel like a first time parent all over again. Everyone gives you advice of how to do things, and what will happen but nothing really prepares you. Abd even with experience, every baby is different. But I have some tips to maybe help you along the way and make things easier on you:
1) It Takes 2-Team Work. From the beginning, my husband and I have tackle the messes together. Whether it is support, an extra hand, or a back up, he is always there.
2) Tag Your It-Take Turns. You are the Mommy and he is the Daddy. Tag him in every now and again. You need a break. No matter how small the break is, take it. You deserve it.
3) Laugh It Off-Poop happens, that is me saying it in a nice way with nice words. You will laugh about it later, why not laugh now. My husband and I have had some moments. I just bust out laughing with tears rolling down my eyes from laughing so hard.
4) Their Babies Poop Does Too Smell-Those keeping up with the Joneses need not keep up with them. We aren't perfect. Just be you.
5) It Takes A Village-Allow friends and family to help. If they are asking to help, let them. And even if they don't volunteer, ask them. They won't know you need help unless you tell them. Especially is you have been doing #4 and everyone thinks you are perfect.
6) Wake Up And Smell The Poop-Enjoy every moment. Kids grow up so fast. You don't want to miss it, because it will pass you by. I love smelling my kids when they are babies. That baby powder smell. I like watching them as they discover their world. And am there to hold them as their adventures begin.
Huggies is introducing new and improved products designed to withstand the real life challenges of parenting:
•Dry Diapers and Huggies Wipes
Parents are encouraged to try the new and improved Huggies Diapers and Wipes by putting Huggies to the test on Facebook! Parents can go to the Huggies Latino Facebook Page to share stories about Huggies for a chance to win a fully-stocked Huggies diaper bag.
Poncho de Anda and Lina Amashta are putting Huggies to the test during life’s stresses and messes. http://bit.ly/OzLr0c
***Disclosure-This is a compensated post. All opinions expressed are my own.