I found a dish that we all like. Something that is easy to make and you can it eat any way you like.
Brioche or Challah
8 oz.(2 Sticks)
1/3 Cup, packed
1. Cut the bread into 1” cubes.
2. Place the bread cubes into a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine the butter, sugars and spices in a mixing bowl, whisking to combine completely.
4. Pour the mixture over the bread, tossing to fully coat the bread cubes with the mixture.
5. Spread out into a 9x13 baking dish.
6. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Be sure to stir the bread cubes once or twice while toasting.
7. While the bread is toasting, make the custard.
8. Whisk all ingredients together until evenly combined.
9. Once the bread has toasted, remove the pan from the oven.
10. Pour the custard over the bread cubes.
11. Allow the mixture to sit for 10-15 minutes before cooking.
12. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place into a 300° oven.
13. Bake for 20 minutes.
14. Remove foil from pan and continue to bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown and the custard has set. You can test this by inserting a paring knife into the center of the pudding. If the knife comes away clean, or with very little pudding clinging to it, the pudding is ready.
15. Allow the pudding to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
16. To serve:
Top the pudding with toasted pecans and warm caramel sauce.
Serve with either vanilla ice cream or crème anglaise.
Hola! My name is Alba and I'm an Independent Mami! I live in Houston with my husband and two kids. I am a mother runner. I love to run! I talk about Family, Fitness and all the Fun we have. Food Friendly. Life is about living and not letting it live you.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third-party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.