In celebration of National Sticky Bun Day, Grand Lux Cafe is sharing their Warm Sticky Bun Bread Pudding recipe with you, my readers. You can create this finger licking dish at home.
Warm Sticky Bun Bread Pudding-
Served with Whiskey Sauce, Sugared Pecans and Whipped Cream
Brioche or Challah
8 oz.(2 Sticks)
1/3 Cup, packed
1. Cut the bread into 1” cubes.
2. Place the bread cubes into a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine the butter, sugars and spices in a mixing bowl, whisking to combine completely.
4. Pour the mixture over the bread, tossing to fully coat the bread cubes with the mixture.
5. Spread out into a 9x13 baking dish.
6. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Be sure to stir the bread cubes once or twice while toasting.
7. While the bread is toasting, make the custard.
8. Whisk all ingredients together until evenly combined.
9. Once the bread has toasted, remove the pan from the oven.
10. Pour the custard over the bread cubes.
11. Allow the mixture to sit for 10-15 minutes before cooking.
12. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place into a 300° oven.
13. Bake for 20 minutes.
14. Remove foil from pan and continue to bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown and the custard has set. You can test this by inserting a paring knife into the center of the pudding. If the knife comes away clean, or with very little pudding clinging to it, the pudding is ready.
15. Allow the pudding to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
16. To serve:
Top the pudding with toasted pecans and warm caramel sauce.
Serve with either vanilla ice cream or crème anglaise.
Spicy Ginger Beef-A Stir Fry of Beef Tenderloin, Shiitake Mushrooms, Sugar Snap Peas, Bok Choy, Red Onion, Sesame Seeds and Spicy Soy-Ginger Sauce. Served with Steamed White Rice
The perfect amount of spice. This was a recommendation from our waitress. It was exactly what I what wanted.
Cedar Planked B.B.Q. Salmon- Roasted on a Cedar Plank and Glazed with Sweet and Spicy B.B.Q. Sauce. Served with Mashed Potatoes, Corn Succatash and Crispy Onion Rings
My hubby substituted the Corn Succatash for Brussel Sprouts. These were very crispy and sweet.
Of course, the Warm Sticky Bun Bread Pudding makes the list.
Warm Rustic Apple Pie- Baked when you order it! Flaky Sugared Crust Filled with Fresh Apples and Topped with Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel
My husband devoured this dessert. Not your traditional Apple Pie. It is a must try as well.
Let Grand Lux Cafe do the cooking for you!